2013. január 8., kedd

Actually I want to scream – Margareth Törőcsik about the competition


19th of December 2012
Although Zoltán Balog (human Resources Minister) said that every member of jury supported Attila Vidnyánszky, the winner of the competition, Margareth Törőcsik would have been glad to tell she had been the only one who voted for Robert Alföldi, that is why Szinhaz.hu (a hungarian webpage) interviewed Margareth Törőcsik, a very famous actor of Hungary (She won the Actor of Nation Prize).

On the news conference on monday where Zoltán Balog announced the victory of Attila Vidnyánszky, he said that only two people’ competition standed all demands.He added that after personal hearing, all of the Commitee members proposed Attila Vidnyánszky to be the head of the theatre. while 4 people vote against and 1 for Robert Alföldi. Margareth told, this is not exactly how it was.









‘From what Zoltán Balog said it can be concluded that me, who I am the member of the Commitee, voted for Attila Vidnyánszky and Robert Alföldi either, but this is not true.’ – said the famous actress to our magazine. ‘ It is terrible that nearly 57 years of experince at the age of 80 I have to explain the truth for a country but I do because what happened was so staggering.’- told Margareth Törőcsik.
‘Attila Vidnyánszky is my friend, and I respect him but that does not mean I voted for him too. On one occasion when I played in Debrecen, at dinner I told Attila, to made it clear, I was going to vote for Alföldi. I added that I love him, I respect him, I appreciate his achievement but the company delegated me to represent their views and I agree with them. Now I publicly declare that what Robert Alföldi has done was perfect and I would have liked him to be the head of theatre. The National Theatre started to become better and better and now it reached the stage of maturity ‘ – said Margareth Törőcsik to our magazine.
She also talked about how could happen this misunderstanding in this case. ‘ I am easy to be tricked, I never assume people are bad. There were four competitors, two of them incompetent, so two people came to be heared. After he left we were asked whether he is competent or not. I said his competition was high level. Then Mr. Robert came and I was the only who voted for him. I made my point of view about that I solely vote for Robert Alföldi. Subsequently they say I voted for two people because I told both of them are competent. Actually I would like to scream but I controll myself. How are they able to calumniate me?’ pointed out the Actor of Nation. She also confirmed that the competiton is absolutely derogatory because in every time cultural policy have been the power to decide who should be the head of the National Theatre. ‘ I do not really understand why this kind of “circus” is let. The applicants sit there in front of the Commitee, there are lots of silly question, then we vote behind them. It is a comedy! – said Margareth Törőcsik.