2013. január 28., hétfő

’I will be free’ - János Kulka about the National Theatre’s competition

26 th of December 2012


Even  If Attila Vidnyánszky asked him to stay he would not say yes because of the political circus behind the decision told János Kulka HVG.

For he question - how the society feels - he answered: ’ I feel some strange confusion and sadness. It was painful to lose Frigyes Hollósi (Frigyes Hollósi - editor). It was an emptiness as if the theater’s heart had ceased to beat. It is difficult now. Losses, that cannot be processed. That day we performed Angels in America, at the end 600 people standing and applausing tearfully. This was a kind of special experience, a rare theatrical moment. Obviously it was the celebration of Mr. Alföldi, a kind of farewell from Society, acknowledgement of the last five years” - said the actor regrets the loss of the society the best, he thinks, it is rare that such a loving community can form. 


He also told what his first thought was when the results were made public: ’ I will be free. I hardly cannot stand any commitment, if I have to do something despite my will or taste. All my life I was so lucky to do something because it makes me happy or I believe in. I have been the member of National Theatre for ten years. I played a lot in the last two years so much that I feel it I do not have strength enough’ - told the actor according to who there is no problem with the artistic qualities of Attila Vidnyánszky but he thinks things would have been more straightforward if to  appoint Attila Vidnyánszky. ’It  is hard for me to understand why Attila Vidnyánszky accepts such jury. Moreover I do not understand they need a Ministerial Commisioner for the remaining months. Perhaps they have no other choice or they feel they have to be loyal. It is strange that this accepted loyalty supersedes all artistic aspects. I do not think that Viktor Orbán expects jury to vote for Attila Vidnyánszky but who vote think: they are expected to do it. The tragedy of modern Hungary is the alignment’ - said János Kulka.
The most important thing is to extricate myself under happenings. I do not want to be an old man who fears the fate and the losing of certain position. Underneath I am free. Just the freedom is important that represents a certain point in my life’ - said the actor.